Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Good, The Bad & SXSW Day 3

It turned out to be a very british day...

The day started with a laugh at a panel dicussion on stand-up on the indie music show scene. David Cross led a discussion about how how all indie rockers look the same, yet think they stand out and don't look like they're enjoying themsleves no matter how funny he is.


Then I ran off to see New Rave Hipsters get their dance on @ Emo's JR with Fujiya + Miyagi and Simian Mobile Disco (This was not their live show, it was only a DJ set)

Simian Mobile Disco
New Rave Hipster Kids (Very Nice)
This guy's Nike Dunks weren't limited edition enough to get into Simian Mobile Disco.
Next year pal.

Sara and I went off to see The Fratellis @ The Spin / Yaris party and were in for a bit of Rock N' Roll history as Pete Townshend shocked the crowd when he burst onto the stage to join The Fratellis for a couple songs. I was one of the few (if only) one who got it on film.

Check it out ---->



Then it was of to the Little Radio day show to check out the MUCH HYPED El-P performace. I was very unimpressed and left early. I blow the doors off an El-P perforance around 7:30 AM every weekday mornign in my shower. Come by anytime, free drinks and apps.

Paul and I think of an excuse to tell El-P why we have to bail.

After a quick dinner, we went back to Stubbs to see Badly Drawn Boy and The Good, The Bad & The Queen, who I was excited to see perform above anyone else at SXSW... here's a look at their first song.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an amazing photograph hunny. You rock!
-ramzey

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on
websites I stumbleupon every day. It's always exciting to read content from other writers and practice something from their sites.

My homepage: cccam enigma1 download

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home